At the annual meeting of the Global Advertising Lawyers Alliance ("GALA") last week, the membership re-elected two members to its Executive Committee. Brinsley Dresden, Partner of Lewis Silkin, in London, was re-elected as Global Secretary & Treasurer for his fourth term, and Daniël Haije, Partner of Hoogenraad & Haak in Amsterdam was re-elected as Global Vice Chairman for his second term. Each will serve a three-year term beginning on January 1, 2022.
Dušan Nitschneider, Partner of NITSCHNEIDER & PARTNERS and a former Vice-president of EMEA (2019-2020) has moved to the role of President for the EMEA region.
The other members of the 2022 Executive Committee are:
- Chairman – Jeffrey A. Greenbaum, Managing Partner, Frankfurt Kurnit (USA)
- President, Americas -- Paula Fernnadez Pfizenmaier, Bruchou (Argentina)
- Vice President, Americas -- Jose Antonio Arochi, Arochi & Lindner (Mexico)
- President, Asia Pacific -- Peter Le Guay, Thomson Geer (Australia)
- Vice President, Asia Pacific -- Chie Kasahara, Atsumi & Sakai (Japan)
- Vice President, EMEA -- Anikó Keller, Szecskay Attorneys (Hungary)
GALA’s annual meeting was held virtually on March 17 and 18, 2021. Next year, GALA’s annual meeting will be held in London.
With firms representing more than 90 countries, each GALA member has the local expertise and experience in advertising, marketing and promotion law that will help your campaign achieve its objectives, and navigate the legal minefield successfully. GALA is a uniquely sensitive global resource whose members maintain frequent contact with each other to maximize the effectiveness of their collaborative efforts for their shared clients. GALA provides the premier worldwide resource to advertisers and agencies seeking solutions to problems involving the complex legal issues affecting today's marketplace.